Huron School District Philosophy
The Huron School District Philosophy is based on the following components:
Lifelong learners will be inspired and developed through
effective teaching in a safe and caring environment.
Educational excellence for every child -- setting the standard others aim for.
An educational institution proceeds based upon certain beliefs
about children, schools, and society.
- …all children are capable of learning, achieving, and succeeding.
- …high expectations produce high achievers.
- …our schools provide the opportunity and incentive to challenge
each student to develop to the best of his/her ability.
- …our greatest resource is people.
- …in the worth and dignity of the individual.
- …the primary responsibility of education begins in the home and
is shared by the student, family school, and community.
- …our school system is accountable to our community.
- …that the acquisition of academic skills is the primary objective
of our schools.
- …our schools emphasize the development of technical and
- …change is essential for growth and improvement.
- …in the ideals on which the Constitution is based and that educated
and involved citizens are essential for a democratic society.
- …a quality school system enhances the quality of the community.
- …in the interrelationship of personal virtues, civic values, and
- …schools assist in the development of the whole child.